Many thanks to Stellar Care & Services, LLC. Residential Program Director Katherine Hegemann, for compiling these notes. Attached minutes have been edited to large print for those who have low vision.
12/15/16 PPITT meeting
El Paso County Citizens Center, Room 1020
Created in 1992 when state was mandated to inform families about services. PPITT distributes an annual directory, hosts an annual resource fair and is found on Facebook.
Kathy Ciano-McGee – Colorado Governors Council for Individuals with Disabilities
- New name for Colorado Medicaid = Health First Colorado
- Free accessible parking signs with pictures of individuals with disabilities available. Agencies that would like the signs: contact Kathy at 719-418-7830. Governor has allotted $35,000 for more signs. The signs/pictures are D.O.T. approved and legal to display. Signs can be placed above or beneath accessible parking signs; recommended: above, so visible. District 49 has ordered 84 signs.
If you know of an individual that would like to be pictured on a sign, contact Kathy; provide name and address, and send a pic.
- ESPDT program… changed name to Arise Above
Healthy Communities serves families who are receiving Medicaid, ages 0-21. Can assist with waivers and provide case management until 18.
365 children on waiver at Arise Above. Three full time case managers. Goal: empower families to learn about Medicaid.
Agency updates or events:
- Grand Master Sterling Chase, (DuMyon Martial Arts): hosting annual event August 24, 2017 at Stargazers Theater
- Possibly include Master Drive, Xerox and other employers providing employment opportunities to people with disabilities. Local job fairs are also available.
- Invite previous attendees: view older resource guides to identify previous organizations
- Only concern last year: prevent fair from being a vendor selling event; focus must be connecting people to available services. Limit to under 100 booths. Only 40-50 booths last year.
Next meeting: January 19
Facilitator: Tammy Miklebost from SKSF
Notetaker: Grant Langdon