The Independence Center Art of Accessibility Event
February 7, 2020
CALL FOR ARTISTS
We invite people with disabilities and their community to contribute their time, energy and talent by showcasing your artwork at The Independence Center’s Art of Accessibility Exhibit on Feb. 7, 2020.
The Independence Center will be a participating art gallery with the Downtown Partnership’s First Friday Downtown on Feb. 7, 2020. Free and open to the public, First Friday Downtown features new art and special events on the first Friday of every month from 5-8 PM at dozens of galleries, retailers and nonprofits throughout Downtown Colorado Springs.
Artists will Receive:
* 3 hours of community exposure at the First Friday Downtown event, including possible media coverage and involvement, and the choice to sell your art and receive 100% of proceeds. Artists are responsible for handling all financial transactions.
Artists will Provide:
* An application by 5 PM on Jan. 24, 2020. All applications will include:
* A short biography (500 words maximum) and head shot. These will be used for marketing purposes.
* A short proposal for your exhibit (a few sentences describing your art)
* Information about any necessary accommodations
* Between 3-5 pictures of your work.
* Artists will drop off their art at The IC on Friday, Jan. 31 between the hours of 9 am and 2 p.m. (Artists who are unable to photograph their work, may indicate on the application form if they would like The IC to take the photos, or they may email Artofaccessibility@the-ic.org<mailto:Artofaccessibility@the-ic.org> to request photos to be taken. (Photos will be taken after artwork is dropped off on Jan. 31.) Late art will not be accepted.
* Artists MUST commit to be available to attend the Art of Accessibility event on Feb. 7, 2020 from 4:30-8:30 PM at the Independence Center.
Application Submission Information:
Artists may submit their applications either online, via email, or mail:
* Submit online applications here: bit.ly/theicaoa<http://bit.ly/theicaoa>
* Email applications to: Artofaccessibility@the-ic.org<mailto:Artofaccessibility@the-ic.org>
* Mail or drop off completed applications at The Independence Center,
Attn: Bethany Monk, 729 South Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
*For email and printed applications, you will find the application form at the end of this document.
All applications are due by 5 PM on Jan. 24, 2020. For more information, please contact Bethany Monk, Development Manager, at (719) 471-8181, ext. 222., or Artofaccessibility@the-ic.org<mailto:Artofaccessibility@the-ic.org>.
Art Show Information and Guidelines:
* Art Submissions do not need to be framed or matted.
* Most artwork mediums are accepted. Please contact Bethany Monk with any questions regarding artwork submission guidelines.
* Artists are responsible for all financial transactions during and after the Art of Accessibility event. This includes posting pricing information and contact information next to your art, if you choose to leave your artwork at The IC.
* Artists who would like to sell their art may leave their artwork at The IC until Friday, March 6, 2020. Artwork left at The IC after this date will be considered a donation to The IC.
* If your artwork includes flashing lights and/or sound components, we ask that you refrain from activating these features during the event. These can negatively affect people with certain disabilities.
We thank you in advance for your participation in the event and adherence to these guidelines!
Art of Accessibility Artist Application – DUE 1/24/2020
*(Please fill out the form, below, or attach a Word document with the information)
Artist Contact Information
1. Please submit a short biography (500 word max)
1. Please include a short proposal for your exhibit (a few sentences describing your art)
1. Please provide information on any necessary accommodations
1. Please attach 3-5 pictures of your work and headshot.
☐ Attached ☐ Would like to request The IC to take photos of artwork
729 S. Tejon St.
Tel: 719-471-8181 x222